Business Strategy and Crisis Management
Robin has over 10 years experience working and advising at board level on strategy for a number of small and medium sized organisations spanning a wide cross section of sectors and industries and covering a substantial range of business issues.
Robin’s has particular commercial experience in the internet, technology, construction and further education sectors and specialises in emerging business models and technologies, disruptive business change, restructuring and strategic appraisal.
- Non Executive Director of a market leading online lead generation business for over 12 years.
- Board member of a £35m turnover Further Education College with X staff and 21,000 students for over 10 years.
- Escalated Intervention Service Associate for LSIS – turning around Further Education colleges in distress.
- Start up, growth and successful sale of a number of high growth innovative start ups.
- Executive Director of a £3m turnover distribution business.
- Business disposal, acquisition, outsourcing and joint ventures.
- Business turnaround and crisis management.
- Experience of insolvency and litigation against insolvency practitioners involving complex areas of trust and company law.
- Shareholder dispute.
- Directors duties and disqualification.
- Successful acquisition and sale of 3 substantial commercial properties.
“An outstanding board member. Significant contribution to the shaping of business objectives. Vision and competence to challenge the status quo. Exemplary commitment, drive and influence.”
Marilyn Hawkins, ex Principal, Barnet College
“Unique blend of technical insight, creative approach to growing a business, solid commercial understanding and a pragmatic, common sense approach to everything he does. A huge asset to our business.”
Rob Houghton, CEO, Reallymoving.com
“Vision to run an efficient business. An effective organiser and a particularly engaging presenter.”
Paul Kaye, Director, Quiq Solutions
“A straightforward strategic thinker. Honest and works with integrity. A bright, agile mind understanding the detail and the bigger picture. He listens and is prepared to work with people.”
David Turner, Finance Director, Wedge Homes
“Business acumen and high ethical standards.”
Neil Fletcher, Head of Arts, Sky Sports and Living & BSkyB
“Ability to see opportunities for traditional businesses to grow their effectiveness.”
Ian Turner. Non-exec iSotera Ltd
“An accomplished public speaker and industry innovator.”
Lisa Arcangelli, Managing Editor, Hemming Group