Are you a business owner or director that is facing a financial issue, or are you a creditor looking for options dealing with a debtor that is unable or unwilling to settle what is owed to you?
I can help you by providing advice, advocacy, mediation or mediation advocacy services.
In addition to successfully setting up, growing and successfully selling three of my own businesses, I was also involved in my third generation family construction business that entered voluntary administration in the 2009 financial crisis with over £5m in liabilities. There was no criticism of any of the directors who suffered the biggest losses. I am therefore in a unique position at the Bar to understand the coal face causes, effects and considerations of insolvency and to offer practical and effective strategic and legal advice both to those in financial difficulty and also to creditors facing the following issues:
• Corporate, partnership and organisational insolvency
• Pre-pack administration
• Directors’ duties, misfeasance and disqualification
• Wrongful and fraudulent trading
• Actions against administrators or insolvency practitioners
• Transactions at under or over value
• Defrauding creditors and shareholders
• Winding up petitions
• Acquisitions and disposals of insolvent companies or those in administration
• Derivative actions against directors
I can be instructed by businesses, directors, shareholders or creditors direct under the public access scheme, or via a solicitor.